The HIV Medicine Association is an organization of medical professionals who practice HIV medicine. We represent the interests of HIV health care providers and researchers and their patients by promoting quality in HIV care and by advocating for policies that ensure a comprehensive and humane response to the AIDS pandemic informed by science and social justice.
Our Primary Goals
2) Encourage a comprehensive response to HIV/AIDS in the United States through adequate funding for HIV research, prevention, care and treatment, provider training and resources and effective implementation of health care reform.
3) Enhance the ability of HIV medical providers to offer quality care through clinically relevant offerings in our peer-reviewed journals, clinical practice guidelines, conferences and other educational initiatives.
4) Advocate for policies that support HIV/AIDS providers who practice HIV medicine in the United States and abroad.
5) Support U.S. policies based on science, public health and social justice for persons living with, or at risk for, HIV/AIDS in the United States and abroad.
6) Promote a comprehensive U.S. response to the HIV/AIDS pandemic in resource-limited countries which includes policy development and resources for research, prevention, care and treatment, provider training and other health care infrastructure development essential for delivery of quality services.