We urge Congress to fully fund the Ending the HIV Epidemic initiative and other high priority HIV responses with new and sustained resources. HIVMA urges the Administration to:
- Ensure the initiative is funding CDC, HRSA, NIH, IHS with new and sustained federal funding.
- Require inclusive community planning and implementation process.
- Prioritize addressing stigma and withdrawing policies that promote discrimination against LGBTQ individuals, women, justice-involved individuals, immigrants and other marginalized populations.
- Protect and strengthen the Medicaid program and support Medicaid expansion nationwide.
- Grow and strengthen the clinical workforce providing PrEP and HIV care through loan repayment programs such as the HIV Epidemic Loan-Repayment Program (HELP) Act, higher reimbursement for cognitive services, and additional support for physician and advanced practice provider clinical training programs.
- Integrate responses to the sexually transmitted infections, viral hepatitis, and substance use/opioid epidemics.
- Enable Ryan White clinics to provide PrEP and respond to the opioid crisis with non-Ryan White funding.
- Fully implement the USPSTF grade A recommendation for PrEP by ensuring coverage for CDC-recommended STD screening, lab monitoring and adherence counseling.